Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wine, wine, and more wine...

Beep boop. Another late post! What else is new?

So a couple weekends ago...the last weekend in February, I decided to stay in Florence for the weekend again. Europe has really made me appreciate and become accustomed to wine, as their cheap wine would be considered expensive in the United States. I feel like I'm just going to come home and be this pretentious wine fiend. Although I still don't know the names of them, so I guess I can't be that bad!

I'm going to make this post short as I don't exactly remember what happened this weekend as it was a month ago. On thursday night, I believe, some friends from my pensione and I went to this restaurant called "Dante's" where they give students UNLIMITED free wine (with the purchase of a meal). It was fun! My friend's friend was visiting town so it was nice to meet yet another person.

Friday, I am very certain I did absolutely nothing, which I quite enjoyed. Some days it's great to relax and not worry about anything! That night, we went out to dinner again to celebrate my friend's birthday at this nice place where about 8 of us sat at this HUGE table that looked like it was made to serve a giant! We ended up going out that night to a couple bars and a club (aimed for Americans). It was my first club experience and actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Many girls had told me about bad experiences, but I think because I was with a group of people and we isolated ourselves in a corner, we were fine. I met another one of my friend's friends, one from Italy and another from Norway. They were very interesting to talk to, and it's cool getting to know people from different countries! They also taught us what the typical dance was like when they were at clubs and then my friends and I had to mimic them, it was so goofy but really funny!

On Saturday, I met back with my friends and their friends visiting to do a Chianti wine tour. Before we went on our tour, we stopped at Piazza Michelangelo, which has a fantastic view of the city of Florence.

 The food was AMAZING! It was simply just salami, prosciutto, cheese, and a plate of pasta, but it was so. good. and so fresh!

 I don't normally like salami, but I'll take it in Italy, yum yum! At one point we went into a butcher shop (which I almost had to leave because it looked and smelled disgusting, I swear I almost became in those couple minutes I was in there) and I tasted a piece of bread with olive oil, and I could absolutely tell the difference between good quality olive oil and not. It was such a nice, beautiful, tasteful day and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment